Due to the demand for Dancing Divas classes in Gauteng, we are looking for instructors on the East Rand (Benoni, Boksburg, Edenvale areas) and West Rand (Roodepoort, Krugersdorp areas). We will also consider applications from women in the Vaal Triangle area, Witbank and Middelburg, Bela Bela. Training takes place in Pretoria so you would need to be able to travel to our studio in Faerie Glen.
Auditions and interviews will take place during February, with the training programme starting in March 2013.
We will also be hiring in Cape Town and Durban (and surrounds) for 2013 and will start recruiting from April 2013.
This is very much PART-TIME work, so would suit those who would love to teach dance but might already be employed elsewhere or who do not want to commit more than a few hours (3 – 5) per week, although this may grow as the studios grow.
Interested? Then contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the training programme, costs, duration and future work with Dancing Divas.
Our wish list for the ideal person would be:
- 40+ years old and reasonably fit
- Solid dance background
- An absolute passion for dance, and a desire to pay it forward
- A love of music and a good understanding of rhythm and musicality
- Enthusiastic and positive: many of our students are self-conscious about their bodies. Your role will be to provide a supportive environment for women to find themselves through dance and to create a place where they can let go of their inhibitions and be proud of their bodies.
- Up to the challenges of teaching, and eager to find new and better ways of getting the best out of a more mature budding dancer: it’s very different to teaching children, a gym class or a more traditional dance class.
- Self-employed or has other employment: this is very much PART-TIME work. Instructors generally teach only a few hours per week, mostly weekdays between 5 and 8pm, but the option of morning classes can also be considered. You grow as our studios grow. We understand women’s multiple demands very well, and try to work out ways to accommodate our needs as well as yours.
- Good administration skills: a small amount of your time will be dedicated to managing class administration.
- Punctual, reliable and honest: we need to know that we can rely on you to arrive promptly before your classes start, and that you won’t let us (and our Divas) down by canceling classes at the last minute. You will also be responsible for managing class payments, and recording personal information, so honesty is the best policy!
- Staying power: there will be times when no one will show up for a class or where someone will walk out of your class; we need someone who won’t be deterred by this and will keep a positive attitude. Remember: your classes may not be everybody’s cup of tea!
- Lastly, you’ll be more than just a teacher: you’ll be a confidante, a mentor and perhaps even a friend. You’ll need to know when to give a gentle nudge and push, and when to step back and let your Divas shine!
What you would gain from working at Dancing Divas:
- It’s life-changing: the women that work for us find their lives changed in many ways. You will meet many interesting women from different walks of life and learn a lot about yourself in the process
- You will get fitter and improve your dance/teaching skills
Drop us a line if you think you fit the bill. We’ll have an initial telephone interview with you. If we think you’re a good fit we’ll take it from there so we can assess your ability and suitability as an instructor.
To apply, email your CV (dance and any other work-related experience) to Tina James at email@example.com and don’t forget to include the following:
- Why do you want to work for Dancing Divas? Convince us why you’re the right person for the job!
- Level of fitness
- Past dance experience
- Past dance teacher/s
- Previous work experience (dance and non-dance if applicable)